Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Book Store Bias against McCain?

Recently I went to a new Books-A-Million (exact whereabouts not really necessary just the content of what I found) and I was just amazed at all of the books that they have for sale. So many that I felt very overwhelmed. This place would make a public library look like a small collection at a garage sale, yes it was big. They had the usual books about the candidates, I want to be fair about that, but what disturbed me was what was in the "Kids Education" section. I did search for both candidates and I only found Barack Obama and no John McCain. I also noticed a lot of Black American books also. On the surface this may not seem like a big deal or they just want to capitalize on this historic election. Then why do they not offer books on McCain or for that matter Sara Palin, she could be the first female Vice President (that too is historic, yes.) But I feel that the wave of Obama-mania may be blinding some from giving a fair and balanced diet of information. An even more recent unfair representation of information has come from The New York Times. They did a hit piece on Cindy McCain describing her as frail, weak, and a princess Dianna Wanna-bee. Apparently they were not too concerned about her feelings, but I suppose they did just as harsh a story about Michelle Obama…,oh wait…, they did not. Anyhow this is how I am seeing this race sum up; vote for the black guy or you are a racist; vote for the white guy and you are racist, and yes, we will shove the black guy down your throat. I wonder if this is what Martin Luther King was thinking when he said you should judge a man by his character and not by skin color (in case you are wondering, I am very disappointed that Condi declined to run, she would have been great.) Well you decide for yourselves, does the media seem to rally around B.O. and hate McCain or not?

No comments: